While harvesting losses are common, and in some cases out of your control, making sure that your cotton picker is in top shape is one way to ensure that you are able to produce a high enough yield to offset some of this loss. In order to do this, you will need to invest in high-quality cotton picker parts to buoy the type of efficiency needed to get that maximum yield. Here is a list of just a few of the parts you can target to improve the effectiveness of your cotton picker:
- Spindles: The spindles are critical to efficient cotton picker performance, making the investment in high-quality versions a necessity. Because they are used so frequently in normal day-to-day operations, it is necessary that you use spindles that have been heat-treated so that they have the durability and strength needed to withstand high usage during the harvesting season.
- Lubricant: One of the simplest ways to improve the operation of your cotton picker is to make sure that all of its moving parts remain sufficiently lubricated. Without proper lubrication, the internal parts will eventually begin grinding against each other, leading to detrimental wear and tear and causing the parts to deteriorate much faster than they otherwise would. In addition to helping to extend the life of the parts, making sure there is enough lubrication can also provide protection against premature corrosion and rusting.
- Brush kit: The rotary brush is responsible for keeping the roller belt free of excessive cotton buildup, directly affecting how efficient your picker will be. In addition to making sure that the brush itself is still in good condition, you will also want to make sure you have a brush kit to keep the area clear for optimal picking.
- Doffers: Standard tractor doffers are made of rubber material. Making the switch to urethane doffers will not only offer extended shelf life, but will also help to maximize efficiency, with fewer doffer column adjustments needed and a much cleaner pick.
- Moistening system: In order for all of these moving parts to remain clear so that they can continue to get the job done, the moistening system must be able to efficiently keep the spindles clean. It is very easy for the spindles to get junked up while completing this integral task, hindering the overall efficiency of the picker.
When you are in need of top-of-the-line replacement cotton picker parts from the best brands in the industry, make sure to contact the team at Certi-Pik, USA. Whether you are on the hunt for a specialty part to complete a rebuild, or you are looking for a standard part to keep your machine running, you can rely on our team to provide you with the high-quality cotton picker replacement parts needed for another successful harvesting season. With more than 30 years of experience, we are well versed in a wide range of various cotton picker makes and models. Give us a call today to learn more about our extensive inventory!