Reasons Why Cotton Picker Parts Fail
The proper functioning of your cotton picking machinery is essential to the yield of your crop and the efficiency of your harvesting process. A single part in disrepair can affect your machinery as a whole, and can completely halt your harvesting process until it can be repaired or replaced.
So why do cotton picker parts fail in the first place? There are several reasons why parts might fail, and it’s important that machine owners understand these factors and know what they can do to prevent part failure:
- Improper use: When a cotton picker part is used in a capacity that is not recommended by the manufacturer, it can lead to a failure of the part. It is important that your machinery be equipped with parts that were designed for it and that you only use the parts for their intended purpose.
- Lack of maintenance: As with any piece of equipment, cotton picker parts require proper maintenance to ensure that they remain in good condition. Any concerns about the functioning of a cotton picker part should be addressed immediately and any necessary repairs or replacements should be taken care of right away. You should always take care to ensure that your machinery is properly serviced to maintain the overall functioning of the cotton picker and to keep all parts working as they should.
- Wrong dealer: Even with proper maintenance efforts, some parts just don’t last. One reason why parts fail is that they are purchased from the wrong source. A part dealer or manufacturer that is unreliable or doesn’t have a good reputation backing them is not a good choice when it comes to finding high quality parts. A dealer may recommend the wrong part and they may not be able to address the specific needs of your machine. Avoid these issues by choosing a manufacturer with a good reputation who is able to provide customized service.
- Low-quality part: Sometimes, part failure is simply a result of a low-quality part. You should research any parts or manufacturers that you choose in order to be certain of getting quality that you expect. Investing in a high-quality part will save you resources in the future and can prevent part failure.
- Failure to clean and lubricate parts: Cotton picker parts require routine cleaning and lubrication in order to ensure that they continue to run smoothly. It is imperative that you purchase the recommended grease, cleaning and lubricating agents for your parts to keep them working well.
Ensure the efficiency and operation of your cotton picking machinery for years to come by starting with the highest-quality cotton picker parts available. For quality parts and specialty fabrication for all of your needs, Certi-Pik, USA is here to assist you. We are a reputable manufacturer of parts for cotton harvesters and we are able to provide customized part production depending on your specific needs. Our fantastic service and great prices make us an excellent choice when you need replacement parts. Give us a call today for more information.