If you rely on heavy machinery on a regular basis, then you need to make sure that these machines work. There are countless people who work in the farming and agricultural businesses and depend on their equipment to keep their customers happy, pay their bills, and put food on the table.
Sadly, difficulties in meeting these needs can arise from time to time and this could involve a cotton picker. When this happens, what are people supposed to do to find a replacement part for their machine?
One of the most popular cotton pickers that people use today is the John Deere Cotton Picker. This John Deere product is known for its reliability, its power, and its durability. At the same time, no machine is perfect, and the John Deere Cotton Picker can have issues from time to time.
When this takes place, everyone wants to make sure that they get their John Deere Cotton Picker back up and running as quickly as possible. The good news is that there are multiple options from which to choose when it comes to finding replacement parts for a John Deere Cotton Picker.
Purchase Replacement Parts Directly from John Deere for Cotton Pickers
The first option that everyone thinks about when it comes to replacement parts for a John Deere Cotton Picker involves going to your John Deere dealer. There are several benefits of contacting your local dealer for replacement components. Some of the biggest pros include:
- Because the parts for the John Deere Cotton Picker are coming directly from John Deere, everyone knows that the parts are going to work as expected.
- Furthermore, by contacting your John Deere Dealer for replacement components for your John Deere Cotton Picker, the components are going to be new, meaning that they will have the life expectancy of a new part.
- John Deere is the expert on their own products, including the John Deere Cotton Picker, so they are going to be able to help people find the parts they need.
- On the other hand, there are also several drawbacks to going to John Deere for mechanical replacement components as well. Some of the biggest drawbacks that everyone must note include:
- By going to John Deere for replacement parts, it is possible that the sales team might try to upsell the customer to purchase extra components that they might not actually need.
- It is possible that John Deere might have moved on to newer models and they might not make components for the older models anymore.
- By going with new components from John Deere, the cost will be incredibly expensive, which could place people under a significant amount of financial stress.
These are the most important pros and cons that everyone must note when they are looking at John Deere for replacement components for the John Deere Cotton Picker. The good news is that there are other options available as well for those who are looking for replacement parts for the John Deere Cotton Picker.
The Option of Used or Salvaged Replacement Parts for Cotton Pickers
Another option that people might want to consider if they are looking for replacement components for the John Deere Cotton Picker is going with used components. Also called salvaged parts, these are components that have been used in the past and are now looking for a new home. Like the other options, it is important to weigh the pros and cons. Some of the benefits of going with used parts for the John Deere Cotton Picker include:
- Because the components are used, they are going to be significantly less expensive.
- Because all the parts are used, there is a much lower risk of someone being sold parts that they do not need.
- There could be options from other brands or models that might work well with your John Deere Cotton Picker, opening new doors.
- Some of the main drawbacks of going with used components for the John Deere Cotton Picker include:
- Because the components have been used in the past, they may have also malfunctioned in the past, which means that they might do so again.
- Used parts are almost always going to have a shorter lifespan, so people might find themselves in the same spot again soon.
- If people buy components from another model, they might not be able to use them for their John Deere Cotton Picker.
It is important for everyone to carefully consider these benefits and drawbacks when they are looking for replacement pieces of the John Deere Cotton Picker. By thinking carefully about where the components are going to come from and how they are going to be used in the John Deere Cotton Picker, everyone is able to find the right components to get their Picker back up and running.
Look for the Top Aftermarket Parts for John Deere Cotton Pickers
In the end, the John Deere Cotton Picker is one of the most reliable cotton pickers on the market today. At the same time, no machine is perfect, and people might end up looking for replacement parts for the John Deere Cotton Picker. The two options are new and used parts. Both have their benefits and drawbacks; however, those who are looking to save money should consider going with parts for the John Deere Cotton Picker from aftermarket suppliers.
That is where we can help. At Certi-Pik, we take great pride in products we provide for John Deere, and Case IH cotton pickers, which sometimes exceeds the expectations of an OEM product. If you are looking for new replacement parts for your Picker, then we are here to help you.
We are ready to listen to your concerns and figure out which parts you need to get your machine back up and running. Count on us to get your John Deere Cotton Picker back into the fields for the next cotton harvest! Contact us today!